龙8娱乐官方网站

发表时间:2018-10-11内容来源:VOA英语学习网

但发现得太晚 救不了我们了 It's come too late to save us.

但真奇怪 'Tis a queer one, though.

锡下有铜 这很正常 Copper under tin, you'd expect.

但铜下有锡就怪了 But not tin under copper?

要我说 该开条缝 T' my mind, what's needed is breathin' space

看看是不是有更多 to see if this'll amount to anything.

说得是 可怎么做呢 I'd agree, but how's that to happen?

我说了 我连二十镑都拿不出 I tell you, I don't haven't twenty pounds in the world.

贝蒂似乎还好 Betty seems fair?

希望她能更强壮些 I wish she were stronger.

但他们都只能吃半饱 But then all these people are half-starved.

她比看上去勇敢 She's braver than she looks.

她要我去接生 She wants me at the birthing

但老实说 你和扎克太太帮忙会更好 though in truth, she's as well off with you and Mrs. Zacky.

她觉得有个有学问的男人照顾她 会更放心 It'd make her easier, knowing she be tended by a man of learning!

但没什么实际经验 With little practical experience!

才不是 That's not so!

你不给萝茜娜看过诊吗 不实际吗 What 'ee done for Rosina - was that not practical?

是啊 Was indeed!

埋伏那晚之后 你的膝盖还出过毛病吗 Has your knee given you any trouble since the night of the ambush?

没有 先生 No, sur.

我非常感激 An' I'm that grateful.

要不是您来诊治我 我会怎么样啊 What would've 'appened if 'ee hadn't come to help me?

你就要嫁给查理了 You'd be wed to Charlie.

也不会知道 他就是告密者 An' never known'd he was th' informer.

这样更好 'Tis better this way.

是吗 Is it?

要不是你来给萝茜娜诊治 If you hadn't helped Rosina.

我这会儿都结婚了 在别的小镇 I'd be married, in a new town,

看望新的病人 过上新的生活 tending new patients, living a new life.

萝茜娜的膝盖责任重大啊 Rosina's knee do 'ave much to answer for!

总之它让我免于铸成大错 It has saved me from myself at any rate!

医生 Doctor.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: https://www.veryv.net/html/20181011/Poldark-02-08-5.html