龙8娱乐官方网站

发表时间:2018-10-10内容来源:VOA英语学习网

The purpose for this talk is twofold: first, to say directly to every black, Latina, indigenous,

我今天演讲的目的有两个:第一,我想告诉所有黑人、拉丁裔人、原住民、

First Nation or any other woman or girl who finds herself resting at the blessed intersection of race and gender,

第一民族或者其他任何种族的女人和女孩,她们被搁置在种族和性别的交叉地带,

that you can be anything you want to be.

我要告诉她们,你们可以成为想成为的人。

My personal hope is that you'll become an astrophysicist, but beyond that, anything you want.

我个人希望你们能成为天体物理学家,但不强求,任何职业都可以。

Do not think for one minute that because you are who you are, you cannot be who you imagine yourself to be.

千万不要认为,因为出身的限制,你就不能成为自己梦想成为的人。

Hold fast to those dreams and let them carry you into a world you can't even imagine.

紧紧抓住梦想,它会带你进入一个美妙的世界。

Secondly, among the most pressing issues of our time, most now find their intersection with STEM.

第二,当今最为紧迫的问题中,大部分都能找到与STEM的交集。

We have as a global society solved most of the single-faceted issues of our time.

通过国际社会的合作,我们已经解决了当今面临的大部分单一问题。

Those that remain require a thorough investigation of the liminal space between disciplines to create the multifaceted solutions of tomorrow.

而剩下的那些,则需要进行跨学科的全面研究,才能在未来找到全面的解决方案。

Who better to solve these liminal problems than those who have faced their whole lives at the intersections.

有谁能比我们这些一辈子都生活在交叉地带的人更适合于来解决这样的问题呢?

We as thought leaders and decision makers must push past the first steps of diversity

我们作为思想领袖和决策者,必须推动(人才)多样化向前进,

and into the richer and more robust territory of full inclusion and equal opportunity.

建立兼容并蓄,机会均等,兴旺发达的(学术)领域。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: https://www.veryv.net/html/20181010/594623.html