龙8娱乐官方网站

发表时间:2018-09-14内容来源:VOA英语学习网

不用 杰弗里少爷 能跟你做朋友就够了 Oh, no, Master Geoffrey, 'tis enough to have had your friendship.

如果你想 可以回头再打开 You can open it later if you'd rather.

你如果不收我会难过的 I'll be offended if you don't take it.

有个条件 On one condition.

你替我给莫文娜小姐带个话 That you carry a message to Miss Morwenna.

没问题 Of course.

那孩子要去哈罗公学了 So the boy will go away to Harrow?

是啊 Yes.

来回要两周呢 是吧 And if it takes a fortnight there and back, what of it?

两周 A fortnight?

路上两周 在家待的时间就少两周 Two weeks' travelling means two weeks less at home.

这正是他的意图吧 Which is surely the intention?

意图是让我的继子获得花钱能得到的 The intention is to provide my stepson with the best education

最好的教育 money can buy.

我还以为是为了让他离开母亲呢 And there was I thinking it was to get him away from his mother,

好让那个小罗锅顶替他的位置 so the crooked mite can take his place.

叫汤姆·哈利来 Call Tom Harry.

是伤口疼吗 Is it your wound?

不是 那蠢蛋汤姆·哈利打了我一棍 Nay. That laggard Tom Harry catched I such a clout.

我看看 Let me see.

那么你知道了 So you know.

我要结婚了 I'm to be wed.

你为什么不告诉我 Why've you kept it from me?

德雷克 我一直想藏在心里 Oh, Drake. For so long I've tried to keep it from myself.

你要知道我只爱一个人 You must know I've no love for any man except...

这话有什么用 What's the use in saying it?

-我们不能在一起 -为什么 - We can never be together. - Why can't we?

因为我出身卑微 Cos I'm low-born?

因为我一无所有 Cos I bring nothing?

没有钱 没有房子 没有显赫名声 Not money, not a home, not a good name.

你觉得我在乎那些吗 Do you think I care about that?

要是我让你等呢 Suppose I did ask you to wait...

直到我挣得了好营生 ..Till I've made a goodly living,

直到我能好好养你 till I could provide for 'ee proper?

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: https://www.veryv.net/html/20180914/Poldark-03-06-13.html