龙8娱乐官方网站

发表时间:2018-09-14内容来源:VOA英语学习网

延续家庭传统 Continuing a family tradition.

怎么说 How?

我们上学时 When we were at school...

我会在他的马裤里放蟾蜍 ..I used to fill his breeches with them.

你不仅没抓到他们 还没能确认身份 You let them escape and failed even to identify them?

但当然是罗斯了 我又不傻 But of course it was Ross. I'm not an idiot!

再没有别人会如此费尽心机地 There's no-one else would go out of their way

用这种方式烦我 to vex me in this manner.

我提到哈罗公学来的好消息了吗 Did I mention I've good news from Harrow?

杰弗里·查尔斯下学期就要去那里上学 Geoffrey Charles is to start there next term.

真不错 是吧 A fine thought, is it not?

新家园 新朋友 A new home and new friends.

杰弗里少爷 Master Geoffrey!

我伤到你了吗 Did I hurt you?

是去救恩尼斯医生时伤的 My wound from the rescue of Dr Enys.

不是因为搬蟾蜍喽 Not from carrying toads, then?

乔治叔叔让人守了整夜 Uncle George had men on guard all night

还是没抓到你 and still they couldn't catch you!

-真有意思 -是你吧 - Well, fancy that. - It was you, wasn't it?

天呐 我会想你的 乔治叔叔要送我去读书了 Lord, I'll miss you! Uncle George is sending me away to school.

那我也会想你的 Then I'll miss 'ee, too.

还有莫文娜小姐 And Miss Morwenna.

等你走了她要怎么办啊 What'll she do with herself when ee've gone?

等她结了婚就不会有时间想我了 Oh, she'll have no time to think of me once she's wed.

结婚 跟谁 Wed? To who?

一个牧师吧 Oh, a clergyman, I think.

乔治叔叔安排的 Uncle George arranged it.

一位惠特沃思先生 A Mr Whitworth?

莫文娜小姐怎么说的 What do Miss Morwenna say?

她应该不是很期盼 Oh, I don't believe she's overly keen,

但妈妈说他们很般配 but Mama said it's a great match,

所以我想她很快就会想通吧 so I expect she'll come around soon enough.

你对我很够朋友 德雷克 You've been a great friend to me, Drake,

所以 我给你拿来份礼物 so I've brought you a gift.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: https://www.veryv.net/html/20180914/Poldark-03-06-12.html