龙8娱乐官方网站

发表时间:2018-09-14内容来源:VOA英语学习网

还有件事 特里西德先生 And one more thing, Mr Tresidder.

您的制造厂为坎摩尔铜业公司提供 Your mill provides rolling and cutting services

-轧制和切割服务 对吧 -是的 - for the Carnmore Copper Company? - Yes.

如今世道艰难 敝行敦促所有客户 In these difficult times, we urge all who bank with us

谋求自身最大利益 to consider where their best interests lie.

尤其是还有数笔高额未偿贷款的客户 Particularly when they have several outstanding loans with us.

还在打造你的帝国呢 罗斯 Still building your empire, Ross?

你买断了铜矿 And you bought all the copper.

趁价格低 能买多少买多少 All we could afford while the price was low.

下次他们有了准备 价格就会上去了 Next time, they'll be wise to us and the price will rise.

对于矿井和股东来说 这是好消息 That is good news for the mines, and your shareholders.

就眼前来看 是的 In the short term, yes.

长远来看 And in the long term,

任何能够打破沃勒根银行的钳制 anything which breaks the Warleggans' stranglehold

阻止他们人为压价的事... and stops them keeping prices artificially low...

都能使莱杰和坎摩尔获益 Benefits Leisure and Carnmore.

矿工 冶炼厂和股东都能获益 Benefits miners, smelters and shareholders alike.

而沃勒根银行只在乎自己的利益 弗兰西斯 The Warleggans only seem to benefit themselves, Francis.

希望你知道自己在做什么 I hope you know what you're taking on.

不是有你在吗 I would I had your support.

我知道你会为我保密 I know I have your discretion.

当然了 Of course.

太忙没时间烤面包 I've been too busy to bake.

怎么会 How's that?

我说了 我在帮恩尼斯医生做事 I told you. I've been helping Dr Enys with his work.

他可不是你丈夫 Enys...ain't your husband.

但这儿的人都指望着他呢 But people hereabout depend on him.

为他做事我很自豪 I'm proud to serve him.

湿气大 烟尘重 对肺不好 Damp and dust, no friend to the lungs.

多呼吸新鲜空气 多锻炼 游游泳 Fresh air and exercise. A little sea bathing.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: https://www.veryv.net/html/20180914/Poldark-01-07-1.html